Minneapolis User Group

ernstcs
Contributor III

So who is all planning to be there on the 17th? We get to hear John Wetter speak, too! =)

Craig E

27 REPLIES 27

Jeff-JAMF
New Contributor

I'll be there (4th year using Casper)
"Ernst, Craig S." <ERNSTCS at uwec.edu> on November 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM -0600 wrote:

Jeff Johnson
Technology Coordinator
Glendale-River Hills School District
Glendale, WI 53209
jeff.johnson at glendale.k12.wi.us

PeterG
Contributor II

I'm going.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

No travel budget so I would have to pay out of pocket and use my vacation time so I will not be there. Now, if Jamf did a web cast ever (hint hint) I would gladly share/present and collaborate with people on that.

-Tom

?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I'll be one of two people from Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN attending. We've
been using the JAMF suite for 3 years.

Jason

ernstcs
Contributor III

They use WebEx heavily I thought. ;) Maybe times have changed…

Craig E

jafuller
Contributor

I'm with Tom on this one.
--
James Fuller | Starbucks Coffee Company | Technology Application Services | Application Developer

talkingmoose

I'll be there as well!
On 11/9/10 4:32 PM, "Ernst, Craig S." <ERNSTCS at uwec.edu> wrote:

--

William Smith
Technical Analyst
Merrill Communications LLC
(651) 632-1492

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I'll be there.

If there's anyone in the Milwaukee area, or anywhere in between (Madison et. al.) who needs a ride, I'm being given the company Suburban to use to drive up. Leaving New Berlin around 1 p.m. on Tuesday the 16th, returning late on Wednesday the 17th. More than happy to provide a ride for anyone...

--Robert

Not applicable

I will be attending, looking forward to it.

Sean

krichterjr
Contributor

Greetings gentlemen,

I know this is an old post but I just moved here from Texas and would love to meet up with some of my fellow Casper Admins. Does there happen to be a JAMF User Group that meets up around Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Kenny

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

I am not certain. However, if there is, I would be interested.

gregp
Contributor

I'd be interested as well.

krichterjr
Contributor

So now that I'm slowly settling into my new role and this long Minnesota weather has departed, I want to get something setup. I'm happy to organize but would like some feed back from others who would like to join in. For me, I'm looking to meet other Casper admins to share information on Casper/Apple challenges, successes, and basically continue what takes place on JAMF Nation in person. I want to hear what you expect out of this as well, so let me know your thoughts.

Here is what I'm thinking...

1. I want to keep it casual and more like an after work gather than stuffy training or seminar. I would like to meet up at a public establishment that servers appetizers and beverages. Ideally, a place that isn't too loud but has a nice vibe and can accommodate a group of people. It should probably be fairly central as well. Since I'm new to Minnesota, do you have any recommendations?

2. I know we all have lives outside of work but it would be nice to make this somewhat routine...say once every other month.?. Those who can make it come and those who can't no worries.

Would anyone be available during the second to last week in May or the last week in May? I'm thinking either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening after work around 5:30.

Please let me know your thoughts if you are interested.

Cheers,

Kenny

frozenarse
Contributor II

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested. Maybe we should start out by getting some general data:
How many of us are there?: Current count is at 4 (based on comments this year)
Managing clients in a Higher Ed environment.

brad
Contributor

Count me in. I'm in St. Paul.
I am open all four evenings at this point.

See ya,

Brad

brad
Contributor

See ya,

Brad

brad
Contributor

See ya,

Brad

Doh, triple post >.<

aurica
New Contributor III

I'd be in town for the last week of May... No preference for Tuesday vs. Wednesday. I live in Minneapolis, so I can probably help with venue selection. Grumpy's, 8th Street, Rock Bottom or Crooked Pint would all suffice.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi All,
We've been looking at hosting one sometime around June 13th... Looks like there is definitely interest! So far looks like people are liking the idea of a 'just-after-work' get together. Would you want to see a couple presentations along with that, or just have it be more informal with maybe just a couple greeting messages, etc?

Shooting for the 13th as that gets most EDU folks out the end of their school year so we can discuss summer plans for deployments, but I also want to keep lots of people from other verticals engaged as well.

I personally like to see a couple people talk about what they're doing, then leave time for more informal conversation, but that's just me... How about you?

If we did it during the work day, we'd be happy to host, but if we did it after the workday, we also have a couple establishments that the idea of a couple short presentations, then social time, could also work.

Sorry to be absent from the discussion here, I've been talking with a couple JAMF folks though to see if we can get a couple of them out as well. Begin the discussion! Once we have details, I'll post a separate item with details. Kenny, we can chat about working together on it as well if you'd like.

krichterjr
Contributor

@john_wetter
I'd be happy to work with you to coordinate this. Shoot me an email an we can talk more. kenny dot richter @bestbuy.com

In the mean time, anyone else who is interested please feel free to chime in on what you would like out of this and what works best for you with dates and times.

tep
Contributor II

I'm interested in this as well. June 13th doesn't work for me, but I can do the 12th.

quedayone
Contributor

I would like to attend! I can even offer up our large conference room (seats 18), or Cafe (seats 50+) for presentation space.
We are in the warehouse district downtown.

Wi11

talkingmoose

Just now seeing the discussions but count me in! I'd love to have more interaction with local Casper folks.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Count me in as well!
June 12, 13, 14: any would work
Sandy

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I am interested. Evenings of June 12, 13, 14 work. Driving up from Rochester.
Could Google+ hangout be used for others? Is it worth considering?

krichterjr
Contributor

I know I was the one who offered help put this together. The week of June 10th is going to be tough for me as I have some other commitments. I will contact John Wetter and see if he is able to help organize this gathering.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi All! Well, it's taken a while on this and I've been sidelined a couple times by things, but I think we're ready to roll on this!

The target date now is July 11! I'll make a formal announcement shortly. Location is Gold Nugget Tavern & Grille located on Excelsior Blvd. on the Hopkins/Minnetonka border. They have a party room which I've reserved. There is a projector, etc. so I was thinking we could do a couple little demos of things and then open it up for general conversation, etc. They have great burgers and an excellent tap list, along with all kinds of other goodies.