Mobile Device Enrollment Invitations- Failed to Send Invitation

Tolandese
Contributor

We are attempting to create an enrollment invitation to connect a few iPads purchased outside of our DEP agreement, but every attempt ends in failure. The result is always "There was 1 error sending invitation" with the status "Failed to send invitation". History doesn't show anything. Some previous posts direct to a resend option but I cannot find it. Anyone else having this issue?

66c69b37715c4763b8f87eb8efb6cef8

b48739aa9014401a98e35a2898c67c31

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tolandese
Contributor

I solved it very recently and forgot about this thread. I had to update our SMTP server settings as we had an old email server we deprecated a few years back still listed for communications.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

joalah
New Contributor II

Did you receive a fix for this? I am experiencing the same issue

Tolandese
Contributor

I solved it very recently and forgot about this thread. I had to update our SMTP server settings as we had an old email server we deprecated a few years back still listed for communications.

dmatusiak
New Contributor

So, I'm still getting this error in sending invitations in late February 2019. It will work for a few days and then suddenly they will fail to send - repeatedly. Also, I can go to the SMTP settings and send myself a test email and it works fine every time. So, what's going on with the sending of invitations? Why the sporadic issue? Thanks for any help or ideas you can offer.

vshahoian
New Contributor

Having the same issue here with Jamf Pro. Can't figure out why. Tests also work.

Ronen
New Contributor II

Having the same issue as well, also test works. Anyone know why?

esu1admin
New Contributor

We are having the same issue. Any suggestions for a work around? Is there a URL we can send to the end users for enrollment?

CBMacSec
New Contributor

This issue started for me today. Any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi community,
I have the same issue.
I had to send about 20 invitations. The receiptients where separated with a linebreak (in the mask, there is a hint that the receiptients have to be separated by a linebreak od a comma). Every time, I am sending the invitations only 5 receiptients are successfull, the other ones failed.
Is it possible, that there is a limitation to 5 mails to send ?
Hope, someone can help me.

Thanks for answering and stay healthy,

NOVELLUS

EDIT:

solved:
we had internal a limitation to five receiptiens on our exchange server. After deleteing the limitation, all the receiptients are sucessfull