Mobile Device Lock Screen

mradams
Contributor

When sending a lock command to mobile devices it displays "LOST IPAD" Is there a location I can change what is displayed? Or is this unique to my JSS?

8 REPLIES 8

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

When I lock a device I get an option to display a message. If I don't enter anything there is no message on my mobile device.

7974af2d0ff545139e5f953721285e59

Are you talking about something else?

mradams
Contributor

That is correct. But on the device above the message it is displayed LOST IPAD. I have tested sending a message and no message the Lost Device still appears.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Is that just the device name?

mradams
Contributor

No, the Lost Device appears on every device I send the lock command to with the message below it.

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Possibly silly question, but if you manually lock the device (i.e. hit the 'lock' button on the top of the device), does it also have the message?

mradams
Contributor

No, only when sending the lock command from JSS

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Keep in mind the device also needs to have the passcode lock turned on in order for the message to be displayed. If it doesn't, the JSS will lock the device, but won't display the message.

mradams
Contributor

All devices are have passcodes. After working with my Account Manager it appears this is default, it displayed on their test devices; not sure but if you tested and looked at your mobile device, it should show the same "Lost iPad" message. This message is the same that is displayed when turning on lost iPad from iCloud. I can only assume the screen is built into the iOS. I have submitted a feature request but have not heard back from JAMF.