Mojave and Jamf Pro 10.7

edullum
Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing most of the native Mac Apps crashing on Mojave with Jamf Pro 10.7? I had a user install Mojave before I could restrict it and now a bunch of Apple Apps are crashing upon launching them. I'll update to 10.7.1 next week after testing, but for now I can't tell if it's 10.7 or something on the mac. I was able to replicate the issue on another managed mac with the same settings. Things that are broken:
Photos
Voice Memo
System Preferences
Safari
News
Books
Home
f50c30add1614af5aeab8a4babb939ed

5 REPLIES 5

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Yeah the only real difference between 10.7.1 and 10.7 is the TCC related config profile options but the rest of the code is virtually identical. Even before moving to 10.7.1 we were testing 10.7 in our dev environment and never saw anything like this so I can almost say 99.99999% chance that this is not jamf itself but something you are installing onto it with jamf, like a security vendor’s agent that isn’t compatible yet.

edullum
Contributor

Thanks @chriscollins It looks like SentinelOne AV might be the cause of this. I'm doing some testing now to prove it. I found a few other organizations that are experiencing issues as well.

edullum
Contributor

We heard back from our S1 Support Engineer and he said that a release target for a compatible macOS 10.14 agent is "tentatively scheduled for 45 days from the release of Mojave"..Ugh! Their resolutions was either: 1) Roll back the OS to High Sierra or 2) Uninstalling the S1 Agent. We are probably going to just block Mojave on the Jasper (JamfPro/JSS/Casper) side and the S1 side until we get the compatible agent.

murat_ozay
New Contributor

I've seen that many viruses have caused this in the virus program-based tests, and you will see that this problem only occurs when you install the virus program on a newly installed mojave operating system.

coryhowell2
New Contributor III

SentinelOne version 2.6.3.2538 has resolved this issue with Mojave. It should be available to download in your console, if not reach out to support@sentinelone.com.

Learn More

Release Notes