Mojave upgrade disabling Jamf binary?

bluebox
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I've got here a case where the user prematurely upgraded to Mojave in violation to our policy. In addition, I do now see no more management options for the client device but statistics exist and are coming in. Is there any way I could remotely promote the old status again so that the device becomes fully manageable? Screenshot attached

Thanks,

Alex33c40f7c7fa742079fdf4836ee769615

4 REPLIES 4

crbeck
Contributor

Is your Jamf Pro server running 10.6? That's the first version that from what I've read supports Mojave so I'd imagine older versions of Jamf Pro won't work well with Mojave. Sounds like MDM is broken if management shows no commands but the binary is working if usage statistics are coming in. You could try re-enrolling the device if you can reach it remotely with whatever remote desktop tools you have or SSH if enabled.

Not sure what you want to do with the management commands though, since I imagine you'd want to re-image the machine back down to High Sierra or whatever OS you have deployed in your environment.

bluebox
New Contributor III

Hi Christopher,

No this is High Sierra 10.13.5. I do now think that the user has tinkered with the enrollment because another test-install with Mojave to check how it behaves in conjunction with our JamF Pro installation behaves just fine and as expected.

Alex

crbeck
Contributor

Sorry, I meant the Jamf Pro server version 10.6, not the underlying Mac OS X version.

If it's the case that they just tampered with enrollment then re-enrollment would work. Or since it sounds like the binary is still working, SSH to the machine and do a

sudo jamf mdm

That'll get you the management pieces back that don't require DEP enrollment.

bluebox
New Contributor III

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the command, will give it a try. Yep, no Jamf 10.6 yet, we usually wait a bit longer to upgrade...

Alex