Monterey Update - All your files in iCloud

ssavarese
New Contributor III

We are performing an upgrade in place on a big sur mac and on first log in user was prompted to store files in iCloud.

This is on a JAMF enrolled mac.

We would like to disable this prompt from existing workstations that are being upgraded to Monterey. We do not want to disable iCloud at all, just the first run option to store files there.

IMG_4023.jpg

Can this be disabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GuyK
New Contributor III

Have you tried using a Restrictions profile? Or does the upgrade override the profile (which would be weird)? The profile I'm talking about can be found: Restrictions > Functionality > somewhat in the middle of the list > Allow iCloud Desktop & Documents.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MikeMikeMike
New Contributor II

Ran into the same prompt on our testing. I seem to remember this prompt appeared in Big Sur as well. 

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

If you are using Automated Enrollment

In the PreStage General, Setup Assistant Options 
Select checkmark All Your Files in iCloud which will bypass that screen during Setup Assistant.

this is specifically for an upgrade in place. an existing install upgrading to Monterey.

GuyK
New Contributor III

Have you tried using a Restrictions profile? Or does the upgrade override the profile (which would be weird)? The profile I'm talking about can be found: Restrictions > Functionality > somewhat in the middle of the list > Allow iCloud Desktop & Documents.

ssavarese
New Contributor III

I did not try that. I will test today. thanks for the idea!

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Just ensure your users aren't using that functionality as that will completely disable that versus just hiding a prompt. If these are shared user devices i.e. lab then that's not an issue. 

A login window config profile can also hide these prompts, but 10.32 only shows Apple ID and Siri as options. A custom profile can applied. Profile Creator has a Setup Assistant payload available. 

As @atomczynski mentioned above you should really have this checked in your pre-stage as not only will it effect the initial setup assistant it will trickle down to in-place upgrades as well. iPadOS/iOS behave the same as well.

We dont currently use auto enrollment at all. So prestage options isnt a solution for us at this time.

That said, the restriction profile seems to work great. The prompt simply didnt appear on a test upgrade, which is what we want.  I understand your point about users that may already have this settings. We will keep that in mind.

I will also look into login window option as well, but we like the idea of restricting this as a global setting, so this may be our solution.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I have the exact opposite problem where I want all my files in the cloud to show for our users during enrollment and first login, I have the box unchecked but its not showing that one screen.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools