Multiple Apple Business Manager Accounts for one organization

JoeGil
New Contributor

Hello All, in my organization we want to test Federated Apple IDs with our AAD tenant. We have a lower test environment for AAD and we'd like to start testing there. When working with an apple rep we discovered that relationship of an ABM account to a MS tenant is 1 to 1 so if we tie our test tenant to our ABM account then we won't be able to undo that and add our production MS tenant after testing. This has led us to the idea of having a second ABM account. Is that even possible to have multiple ABM setup for one organization? Any guidance you guys have is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

It is possible to have multiple ABM accounts, but Apple discourages that and I don't think that they would allow an alternate ABM for test/dev. In the cases I have seen multiple ABMs, it was typically multi-national/multi-subsidiary organization that needed to keep their devices assigned to specific sites or subsidiary.

JoeGil
New Contributor

@RBlount Thanks for the answer. I'd hate to just go for it all in our production environment but if I have to, do you know of a way to scale it down? Like, could I only federate a group of users to test with or something along those lines? Just seems really risky to not be able to test in a lower environment.

ega
Contributor III

We actually have about 11 ASM accounts on our JSS with no issues now. So that part works. We have also been looking at federating with Azure and as best we can tell it's all in or nothing with no way back right now. That being said Apple announced that a new version of ASM/ABM is in beta so things are changing soon. Just not sure if the change will help the issues we are nervous about. But might be worth waiting a little longer to see what Apple actually releases.