Multiple issues since "OS_Upgrade.sh" script updated

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello,

Since updating the script "OS_Upgrade.sh" a few hours ago, I have the following issues during an upgrade to Mojave:

• Error 23. Expired certificates while the installer was recently downloaded from the App Store and moreover, it works by executing the update manually.

• Error 16: "FV2 Status is not Encrypted" while Filevault is not enabled on the computers.

• Error 2: "Minimum required OS value is provided and the client's OS version is lower." When I update from a MacOS 10.13.6 to Mojave.

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello @bpavlov,

Thanks for your help.
I tested your modified script and all works perfectly, I have no more errors, even during an update from 10.13 to 10.14.

Thank you very much for your help and your work

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

marck
New Contributor III

Everyone has their favorite scripts but you might take a look at this one https://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade It's been working for me but does need to be updated for Catalina.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@glpi-ios Hit me up on the MacAdmins Slack and I can try to help you with the script. You can find me under @bp

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@bpavlov I too have been having issues (added the logs to the GitHub issue report). In the mean time thank you for all your efforts to maintain the script!

jjimenez10
New Contributor II

@marck Do you happen to have a script that runs '/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall'
I'm new at upgrading, scripting, and I've been watching a few webinars and they all said to create a script using the above command but all the ones that I've looked at have way more complicated commands not sure where to start. Don't need anything fancy just a script that updates a computer to Catalina and can't seem to find something like that here.

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello @bpavlov,

Thanks for your help.
I tested your modified script and all works perfectly, I have no more errors, even during an update from 10.13 to 10.14.

Thank you very much for your help and your work

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

No problem. Thank you for providing the feedback.

nikjamf
New Contributor III

Hello,
what is the workflow to use the script for an upgrade? The old one I have for OS Mojave does not work for Catalina. I appreciate any help .