Multiple Pre Stage Enrollment Options for Mobile Devices

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

Hello!

We currently have a single Pre Stage Enrollment configuration. It is designed for our iPads and the most common configuration of iPad in our organization. The problem is that this configuration gets applied to all of our devices--all of our iPads AND all of our AppleTVs as well. 

I am hoping that I could create a Pre Stage Enrollment for our AppleTVs. I have a stack of AppleTVs purchased from Apple and in our ABM account. So far I have been taking them out of the box, going through the set up options until it gets to the "This device is managed" screen. Once I accept that option, I go into Jamf and manually name the device, set its department and set its location (which then causes scoped configuration profiles to install). I am hoping that I could create a PSE that the AppleTVs would see and then use to configure themselves. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3

jonathan_massey
New Contributor III

We do this by setting up a new PSE, just like we would for iPads, except we only scope the Apple TV’s to that specific prestage. They enroll with no problems.

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

@jonathan_massey Hmmm... I set up a new PSE for the AppleTVs, but when I took them out of the box and powered them on they still chose the default PSE and not the new one.

jonathan_massey
New Contributor III

Can you confirm that those SN are for sure scoped to your new Prestage?