MUT v5 Static Computer Group 409 Error

Just_Jack
Contributor

Using The MUT v5.0.3 on Jamf Pro 10.7.1. Have a .CSV file of just S/N. In MUT I select Computer Static Group, Add to Static Group, My GroupID for this is 168. Pre-Flight tells me Looks good! I click Submit Updates. I then in the MUT.log file I get this error-
Failed PUT. 409
Error: Unable to match computer

I created a fresh static group and that group gave me the same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

So I think the issue is that you get that error if there's no computer record for a particular serial number in the CSV. However MUT doesn't do a good job of handling the error, or telling you what serial number it's failing on. It seems like it was actually handled better in v4, but that logic wasn't carried over to v5.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Did it actually do the work requested? I am using MUT 4 and had a bunch of 409 errors last month but the requested work was actually done. In this case I think I was adding users to a static user group.

Just_Jack
Contributor

I fails and nothing gets done.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We saw these issues with Jamf Pro 10.10.1, they came out of nowhere.

Upgrading to Jamf Pro 10.15.1 fixed the problem.

Not sure if re-install of your Jamf Pro version would help.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

darthmaverick
New Contributor III

I'm on 10.15.1 and am getting the exact same error.

Just_Jack
Contributor

Still not working with MUT v5.
I switched to MUT classic and was able to add to a Static group.

TexasITAdmin
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue trying to update a static mobile device group. I get an immediate failure with the error of "Failed PUT. 409"
Switching to MUT v4 and updating the same group with the same serial numbers works just fine.

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Still getting 409 on MUT 5 and Jamf Pro cloud 10.30:

2021-07-29 12:01:40 [ERROR ]: Failed PUT. 409.
2021-07-29 12:01:40 [ERROR ]: <html>
<head>
<title>Status page</title>
</head>
<body style="font-family: sans-serif;">
<p style="font-size: 1.2em;font-weight: bold;margin: 1em 0px;">Conflict</p>
<p>Error: Unable to match computer </p>
<p>You can get technical details <a href="http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.10">here</a>.<br>
Please continue your visit at our <a href="/">home page</a>.
</p>
</body>
</html>

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

So I think the issue is that you get that error if there's no computer record for a particular serial number in the CSV. However MUT doesn't do a good job of handling the error, or telling you what serial number it's failing on. It seems like it was actually handled better in v4, but that logic wasn't carried over to v5.

This is in line with what I have found.  In MUT v5 is the CSV file has a S/N that's either missing in Jamf or the wrong format I get the 409 error.  In MUT v4 that CSV with the broken S/N does stop the whole job.

Thanks, for eveyone's help.  Maybe MUT v5 will get better error checking.

mlev
Contributor

@Just_Jack @PhillyPhoto @TexasITAdmin

MUT v6 now has a "Classic Mode" fallback, which should help work around this issue. 

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/mut-v6-0-0-is-now-available/m-p/249538