NetSUS download directory

mgrev
New Contributor

Is there any way I could setup the netsus download directory (the apple updates) only save onto a folder in a different partition? I am running netsus on a xenserver vm with two disks, the 2nd disk/partition being higher in size.
If not, is there any way to install the whole netsus program onto the 2nd partition, with a fresh installation of the vm?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris
Valued Contributor

just change UpdatesRootDir in /var/lib/reposado/preferences.plist to the path where you want to store the updates

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chris
Valued Contributor

just change UpdatesRootDir in /var/lib/reposado/preferences.plist to the path where you want to store the updates

mgrev
New Contributor

Thanks chris! that helped.

iVoidWarrantiez
New Contributor III

I am wanting to do the same. I have the OS on a 15g ssd and the storage on a 500g hdd. I want to store update data on the 500g drive mounted at /Storage.

This is not working for me. I tried changing just "UpdatesRootDir" key and both that and "UodatesMetadataDir" key but when I ran the sync it was downloading but the dashboard shows 0bytes of data downloaded. Changed it back to default and it works. So my next step was to create a symlink from my storage location /Storaage/SUS to /srv/SUS but the same issue occurs. What am I doing wrong?

tomhsiung
New Contributor

Thanks, and this thread is helpful.