New computers not appearing correctly in JSS/Remote

bajones
Contributor II

We recently received a new shipment of 2011 MacBook Pros and I'm testing our new 10.7.4 image on the first five of them. The imaging worked fine, however I'm experiencing some strange behavior on the JAMF side of things.

I've assigned these computers to our "Teachers" department and they show up in the inventory list if I search for that department. They also show up in the inventory when I search for Operating System Version "like" 10.7. They do not show up if I do a search for both of those conditions. This is a hassle for me because I'm trying to set up a smart group for these new computers to distinguish them from our 10.6 computers.

Another weird behavior is not one of these 5 new computers shows up in Casper Remote.

As far as troubleshooting, I've rebooted our JSS and also ran a "Repair Databases" but no luck yet.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

bajones
Contributor II

I figured out part of the issue. The computers were getting imaged and inventoried, but not managed. Is there a way to automatically have the computers be managed once imaging is complete? I didn't see a place in PreStage to set this.

mbarlak
New Contributor

If you edit the configuration of the image in Casper admin, there is a management tab. Check that you have these options set.

bajones
Contributor II

Thanks for responding. I do have management checked in the config. I just re-entered the admin credentials. I'll try deleting the computer and starting fresh with one of them. Do 10.7 computers enroll in MDM automatically, or do I need a script to run that?