New JSS (CentOS 7) and no Profiles are being pushed through upon imaging

Hafiz
New Contributor II

When imaging any new MacBook we are finding no profiles are being pushed through. There is no "Profiles" icon in system preferences after imaging. We do a "sudo jamf recon -assetTag xxxx",
to add an asset tag id to Casper but that obviously is not working.

Is there a way to diagnose and fix this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Hafiz I guess this is the same JSS as mentioned in this thread?

Sounds like your JSS generally has APNS profile issues since the rename.

Maybe put a call in with support so they can have a look at how you renamed the JSS & advise?

bentoms

@Hafiz has this ever worked? Have you uploaded an APNS cert to the JSS?

Hafiz
New Contributor II

@bentoms Thanks, not sure what APNS cert actually does but I will contact our JAMF rep to see what can be done. Yes, it worked on the Mac Mini Casper JSS. But recently I set-up a CentOS 7 Casper JSS (ran the linux installer file), and dumped in the Casper database from the Mac Mini into the new CentOS 7 Casper JSS. And we did a dns redirect so the Mac Mini hostname would redirect to the CentOS 7 Casper JSS ip address. It seemed to work as in all the MacBooks checked into the new CentOS 7 Casper JSS. But then yes we noticed that Profiles were not being pushed onto the newly imaged Macs, so no Profiles icon was showing up in System Preferences on the MacBooks.

Do you know if there is a way I can copy across the old APNS cert from the Mac Mini to the CentOS 7 JSS server, would that be the way to solve this? Or should I just get a new APNS cert organised by our JAMF contact and have it imported into the new CentOS 7 Casper JSS?

bentoms

@Hafiz JAMF have a document on APNS available here.

I'd still advocate booking sometime with support so they can guide you through that process.

Hafiz
New Contributor II

@bentoms Scratch that, Profiles icon is showing up now in newly imaged Macs. Don't know why or what happened!?! But it's working now.