No Applications Folder Error

plocklin
New Contributor III

This error window is popping up on all of our Jamf Managed Computers. It started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

8574104f9720460994674b261694c815

Sometimes it pops up during the enrollment process.
Has anyone seen this or know what it is? It goes away when you click on it only to return later.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

plocklin
New Contributor III

Somehow my post got duplicated. Is was answered by altea on 8-09-19.
This issue is caused by the last jamf update.

Posted: 8/9/19 at 11:47 AM by althea

Yes, see: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/32879/weird-pop-up

Jamf Support says: "We have an issue filed against this, and it's slated to be fixed in 10.15." The issue number is PI-007275.
0 Likes

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

This is very strange, and can't say I have seen this myself. What do the logs say? Also, are you running restricted software by chance at all?

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Does this occur on machines with no policies, profiles, or applications scoped to them? Does the actual /Applications folder delete? My first train of thought was some sort of policy doing a wild card search with Files And Processes, but I have never seen such a dialog. I think this is some app you may have pushed out and when it can't find itself in the Applications folder is thorns this error.

plocklin
New Contributor III

The error is happening on All of our devices managed by Jamf. We provisioned and tested 75 iMacs in the labs this summer with no problem. This started the second week of August. We first noticed it on new devices being issued to students. Then it started popping up on everything, even the lab computers that did not have it before that time.

I did have a support case in at this same time due to a corrupted activation code that was preventing me from uploading packages to the Jamf Cloud. Tech support said our renewal in May produced the Activation Code "HLOX ...." which "looked to be an issue on their end". When this was corrected my issue was resolved however this is the exact time the error windows started to appear. I don’t know how this could be related but coincidence is always a red flag in my book.

All of our new devices are running Mojave but many of the students still have Sierra. A student came in today with this error running on Sierra.

jridgeway
New Contributor

Hi - We successfully imaged 800 or so MacBooks on Mojave this summer and just had some new students left to create MacBooks for when this error starting showing up last week. Nothing has changed in our environment during this time. So odd and extremely frustrated. Have you had any luck? I am wonder if it has anything to do with the 8/15 10.4.1 JAMF upgrade? We are cloud based are you?
Thanks

plocklin
New Contributor III

I am wonder if it has anything to do with the 8/15 10.4.1 JAMF upgrade? We are cloud based are you?

No we have not found a solution, and Yes we are cloud based and have our Jamf instance updated automatically. This problem seems to have started about the 2nd week in August. I am going to contact Jamf support and find out exactly what date our instance was updated to 10.14.1

plocklin
New Contributor III

Somehow my post got duplicated. Is was answered by altea on 8-09-19.
This issue is caused by the last jamf update.

Posted: 8/9/19 at 11:47 AM by althea

Yes, see: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/32879/weird-pop-up

Jamf Support says: "We have an issue filed against this, and it's slated to be fixed in 10.15." The issue number is PI-007275.
0 Likes