no Apps to select for Login Items in Configuration Profiles.

rseide
Contributor

I'm trying to add an application to the Login Items section in Configuration Profiles but there are no selections in the drop-down menu for it.

I click on the "+" to add an Application but there's nothing to select in the "Item" drop-down. I have even tried to save/name the Config Profile first, but that didn't help. The Casper Admin Guide (not the quick start one) doesn't mention anything about this.

Am I doing something wrong or should a list of Applications be showing up in that drop-down menu?

3 REPLIES 3

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi Rich,

I currently have both an 8.6.2 jss and an 8.7 JSS
In 8.6.2 nothing pops up, but in 8.7 the list pops up with what seems like a pretty generic list of Apple apps and services.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Odd, I'm seeing the same behavior here on 8.63. Nothing in the menu. True wether I use a Computer Level or User Level config profile. So its not something you're doing wrong. Bug in 8.6x? A list should show up, but as Sandy mentions, you're only going to see the generic Apple applications that come with the OS by default. You can't add in your own apps there easily. There is another thread here where someone posted instructions on how to edit the files on the JSS that populate that list with your own apps.

rseide
Contributor

Thanks for both of your replies.

Well, it is kind of good that it's not me. lol! :)

I'll try to search for that thread you mentioned, mm2270.

Thanks.