No Client Check-In after Delete and PreStage Enrollment

fb
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am new to Jamf and configuring our new environment for Macs.

I encountered the problem that I tried deleting a managed Macbook using a management command. Then I hat it installed normally again with the PreStage Enrollment. But now the status is that there hasn't been a check-in since it was deleted. There are also no management commands available. 

Did I forget something after PreStage Enrollment?

Best regards,

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fb
New Contributor II

Solution for this was unchecking the option "Require admin password to install or update apps" in the Configuration Profile of the PreStage Enrollment. Then the Self Service Portal as well as the Jamf binary gets installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SeetendraPanda
New Contributor III

If you have remove the management engine of Jamf from the device the mac will not check in
run the command sudo jamf recon and is the command runs perfectly then the check-in will happen if it's not running then you might need to re-add the Jamf Binary on the mac.
Re adding can be done with the Quick-add package or a Manual enrollment of the device using the link.

fb
New Contributor II

All jamf-commands are "not found". How can this happen when the client is enrolled with PreStage Enrollment?

fb
New Contributor II

Solution for this was unchecking the option "Require admin password to install or update apps" in the Configuration Profile of the PreStage Enrollment. Then the Self Service Portal as well as the Jamf binary gets installed.