No VPP invitation on device

infolasalle
New Contributor II

Hi,

When i tried to enrolle an ipad air 1 wifi for the first time on JSS, i see VPP invitation on the JSS Side but Nothing on the ipad side.

My iPad is on ios 9 and JSS on version 9.73

13 REPLIES 13

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Are you referring to the new Assign to Device option in VPP? That's not supported until JSS 9.81 which will be out soon. Furthermore, I haven't heard confirmations from any other MDMs as to whether we need Apple to fully support the new deployment model on their side of things.

If you're referring to a VPP invite in it's current form, these are emailed to each VPP user, they click the invite which takes them to the App Store to link their Apple ID to your organization.

peineke
New Contributor III

Which VPP invitation 'Distribution Type' are you using?

If you are using the 'Prompt Users to Accept/Make available in Self Service' type you should be able to just open Self Service on any device that is assigned to the user invited and accept the VPP invite. On an iPad it should be in the upper left corner of Self Service like an app. On a Mac it would most likely be in the upper right above categories.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I misread your question. @peineke is right.

infolasalle
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response.
I reffered to VPP invitations in JSS (USERS/VPP INVITATIONS). I have a DEP and VPP account. Normaly when i enrolle a new iPad, I install automatically the self service APP.
If my iPad is on ios Under 9.0 the self service will be install normaly, but if my ipad is on IOS 9 the self service will not be deploy.

I have tried to enroll manually with https://myjss:8443/enroll , but when i install the MDM certificat the systeme said "unable to install profil / profil not valide"

infolasalle
New Contributor II

Hi peineke, i use "Make available in self service only".

In VPP Invitation Usage, the ipad will stay on status "Invitation created"

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Have you verified the iPad enrolled successfully? Do you see a profile already on the device under Preferences? What about in your JSS inventory?

peineke
New Contributor III

You may want to try on another iPad or verify that all of your certs are still valid with Apple Push if you cannot enroll.

I just reset my own iPad and it enrolled via DEP and added self service immediately with iOS9. Tthat being said it IS an iPad 4 and not an iPAd air.

beth_lindner
New Contributor
New Contributor

@infolasalle full support of iOS 9 is included in the Casper Suite 9.8. If possible, we'd recommend an upgrade before continued troubleshooting. Please contact your Technical Account Manager for more information and please let us know if that doesn't help with these issues!

infolasalle
New Contributor II

OK, the self service install correctely and automatically like a normal deploy..... For IOS 9 you must install JSS 9.8 or newer

Many thanks to all

infolasalle
New Contributor II

Now the VPP Invitation and VPP assignement will work correctely....
Thank @beth.lindner

But the manually enroll by https://myjss/enroll will not work. (i think ther e is a mistake in le link of the server in the certificat...)

itservicedesk
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue.

If i enrolled the iPad with the JSS on iOS 8.4.1 and then update to 9.0 the Self Service appears without issue, everything works as normal.

However, if i update to ios 9.0 and then enroll the self service app does not appear.

I am on JSS 9.8

infolasalle
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have two probleme. I tried to explaine my problems :

• First I have OSX Server with Yosemite and app server version 4.x. When I have install JSS to 9.8 I have also update app server to 5.0.3. Then I restart the server and I try to update the JDS server to 9.8 but I have an error. The PKG would not install JDS because he said "thair is no server" (In my case app server).
    My Casper Ingeneer revert App server to version 4.x and then I can update JDS normaly (Many thanks Sylvain :) ans Time Machine !!! )

• Second I have a probleme With Smart User Group with status of VPP invitation (the status is not read by JSS normaly). For the second point I Work on this probleme, how I think I must To re-create the Smart User Group....

Finally If you have OSX on Yosemite DO NOT Install App server, because there is many change on web server (and certificate).

beth_lindner
New Contributor
New Contributor

@infolasalle first let me say I love your profile picture. Second, I just wanted to check in. From support cases and posts, it seems like everything is going alright since this last thread. However, if there are any technical issues that remain, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Technical Account Manager again. If there are any Development Tickets we need to get fixed, we certainly want to know!!