NoMAD Login and Big Sur

rmckellar
New Contributor III

Hey everyone! I've been scratching my head on this for a while now, but I can't seem to get NoMAD Login (1.4) to authenticate through our AD and pull an account on Big Sur (currently 11.2). No issues whatsoever on Catalina. I have NoMAD Login set with the correct ADDOMAIN, I even went so far as to create a krb5.conf file stating the default domain as our AD Domain.
Does anyone have a workflow I could use or a PLIST layout that works? I've played around with the one we have that works for Catalina, and can get everything working except it can't get through the AD.
I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks all!

5 REPLIES 5

rmckellar
New Contributor III

Ok, found an issue with my installer, fixed that. Now, as I ssh into the test machine and watch, NoMad Login is able to authenticate through to the AD, but gets stuck on "Requesting User Info" indefinitely.

JosephRecendez
New Contributor III

@rmckellar were you ever able to get this to work? I am currently trying to setup Nomad Login in my environment and am struggling to get it to work on Big Sur. Any help would be appreciated.

rmckellar
New Contributor III

@JosephRecendez I had to use the 1.4 multiplatform installer that I got from the NoMad Login slack channel, and NOT use Composer. I ran my own pre and post scripts outside of the install (taken the same scripts from the 1.3 installer, just made them into separate scripts that ran "before" and "after" for the pre and post install respectively). Composer was completely botching my install. I also had to create a kerb5.conf file and put it in /etc. Big Sur was having trouble with resolving Kerberos requests.

@rmckellar  Can you point me at the fixed installer and the Slack channel? I've been searching for the Slack channel and not having any luck. I did find https://www.macadmins.org/ and tried entering my email there, but that page is returning a 504 after entering an email address.

rmckellar
New Contributor III