NoMad sign in automatically

bgovoni
New Contributor II

Hello, I am experimenting with NoMad instead of binding to Ad and had a quick quesiton.

Is there anyway to automate and avoid having to click the icon, then click sign. Like use the keychain password and authenticate to ad with that password? Im trying to make this as seamless as possible.

8 REPLIES 8

bgovoni
New Contributor II

barnesaw
Contributor III

In my usage, the sign in dialog pops up at login. Once you authenticate once, it stays signed in.

sujanvm
New Contributor

You can create a configuration profile in casper "com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD" with value "LoginItem=1". More information is available at https://nomad.menu/help-center/preferences-and-what-they-do/

znilsson
Contributor II

Yep, set the

UseKeychain

and

LocalPasswordSync

keys in your plist file. And if you want NoMAD to always prompt to sign in if nobody is signed in, then set

SignInWindowOnLaunch

And if you want NoMAD to prompt if your password is changed externally, i.e. in AD itself, so that NoMAD can resync to your keychain with your new password, set

UPCAlert

As stated above, look at NoMAD Preferences for the full list of all the options you can set in NoMAD.

bgovoni
New Contributor II

Thanks!

abnranger67
New Contributor

Hi, I downloaded the sample config file for here so I can leverage the local password sync features etc. Now that I have the file, what do I name it as, and where do I put it so that it works regardless of what users log on?

zacharyschmidt
New Contributor

Anyone able to get it so you don't have to sign into Nomad every time you log in?

I have this set:
currentUser=$(ls -l /dev/console | awk '{ print $3 }')

pref="/Users/${currentUser}/Library/Preferences/com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD.plist"

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD.plist UseKeychain 1

defaults write $pref UseKeychain 1

FrozenWaltDisne
New Contributor III

@zacharyschmidt

I used something a little different to set it. This seems to work for my deployment. I also have this running on login (which is important) You can always see what you have set successfully by using:

#!/bin/sh
sudo defaults read com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD

My Snippet

#!/bin/sh

#Write default Keychain
sudo -u $currentuser defaults write com.trusourcelabs.NoMad UseKeychain -bool true