NoMAD to eDirectory

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Hi
We use eDirectory for our user authentication. Currently Kanaka is connecting our Macs.
We would like to swap to NoMAD for our user authentication.
Has anyone managed to set this up? Would you care to share the setup required?
What preferences need to be set in menu.nomad.login.ad.plist and com.trusourcelabs.NoMAD? What needs to be set on the eDirectory server?
Cheers
Paul

2 REPLIES 2

tdearborn
New Contributor

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I do have the same desire and question. Has anyone set up NoMAD for user authentication with Macs and eDirectory?

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

@tdearborn Apparently there is some sort of a way to do this, but I don't have the answers. You can set your eDirectory server to be a LDAP server, with a few bits set in the schema for home directory etc. Is the general gist of where you are headed. This is the bit we are struggling with.
Currently we have a LDAP server that is aware of all of our users, but not things like home directories, and using this for authentication works and the User accounts can log in, though they do not have mounted Home directories. This is less of a problem wit 10.14 as that really makes it hard to redirect the home folders due to SIP. For next academic year we will be migrating away from using network homes on the Macs, and using local homes. The students can then move their work to a safe storage location of their choice. They will have to move it, because we are planning to clear the local homes every night.