Noob Question - choose configuration to install

jeffbarron
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

I realise this a case of do the training, but I dont have the luxury this week while my colleague (the apple Jedi) is away.

I've created a new Configuration Profile in Casper Manager... and now I want to deploy that configuration to a NEW Mac Pro.

But each time I boot to the network drive it starts building a different configuration profile...

QUESTION: How do I choose which configuration profile? am I even trying to build it the correct way?

Thanks for your patience and with the guy with next to no apple Midi-chlorians

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffbarron
New Contributor II

To bypass PreStage imaging, hold down the Shift key when opening Casper Imaging.
Page 315 of http://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/products/documentation/casper-suite-administrators-guide.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chris_kemp
Contributor III

You want to look at the Autorun data for the new Mac. That's where you set the default configuration for installation - UNLESS you're using PreStage imaging (since this is a new computer), in which case you want to check what is set on the Install page for that PreStage.

jeffbarron
New Contributor II

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you answer.

Sadly, I know so little that I dont even know how to do what you suggested could you point me in the right direction on how to do that

jeffbarron
New Contributor II

To bypass PreStage imaging, hold down the Shift key when opening Casper Imaging.
Page 315 of http://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/products/documentation/casper-suite-administrators-guide.pdf

jeffbarron
New Contributor II

Thanks Me, your a legend. :)

chris_kemp
Contributor III

Well, just to answer your earlier question:

Autorun:
Do a search for a computer. In pre-v.9 Casper, there is a link to the far right called Autorun. Click this to edit settings.

In v.9, you have to click on the computer in the Search results. Along the lower right side of the window is a gigantic button labeled Autorun. Click this to edit settings.

PreStage:
pre-v.9 Casper: Go to Management -> PreStage Imaging and select the configuration to use here. (you have to enter some identifier about a computer for pre-stage, such as a serial number, for it to adopt a particular configuration.)

v.9 Casper: Click on the PreStage Imaging link on the left sidebar of the main page.

Glad you got things sorted out!