Office 2011 14.5.4

jpilege
New Contributor III

Does the update for 14.5.3 need to be installed before this update? I have a few Macs that haven't applied the update and wasn't sure if 14.5.4 contained the needed updates to keep everything current or if I needed to keep 14.5.3 deployed along with 14.5.4.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

The 14.5.4 update alone will bring you current. You don't need to install prior updates first.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Always check or read the release notes. Usually it indicates what versions need to be installed. You'll see in the release notes under System Requirements the following:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48565

Supported Operating System Mac OS X Operating System Versions: Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or a later version of Mac OS Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 (14.1.0): You can download this update for free from the Microsoft Web Site. Note To verify that you have installed this update, you can open any Microsoft Office 2011 application to check the version number. For example, open Word, and then on the Word menu, click About Word. In the dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.

jpilege
New Contributor III

@dgreening @bpavlov Thanks for the replies and information! I got this setup and pushed out yesterday and looks like everything is working as expected.