Office 365 Calendar Setup via iOS Config Profile

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

Hi All,

Looking for the best way to do this. Do I need to set it up via Exchange ActiveSync or can I use the Calendar payload on the configuration profile screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tak10
Contributor II

We use outlook.office365.com for the server field. We use $EMAIL variable for both User and Email Address because our $USERNAME field is there AD username. When the user access the settings app or mail app, it will prompt to enter the password.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tak10
Contributor II

I may be wrong but the calendar payload only works with caldav. Probably better to use the Exchange profile. The downside is the account may sync mail and contacts as well using the Exchange profile.

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus I've seen online. Calendar payloads only work with CalDAV, you're correct, and it seems there's no granularity in what's synced with EAS - it's all or nothing (at least on the MDM end, user may get to choose on the device).

If it's an Outlook 365 calendar, would I just leave the domain blank and set the server as outlook.office365.com? Then I can use $USERNAME and leave the user free to enter their individual passwords on their devices.

tak10
Contributor II

We use outlook.office365.com for the server field. We use $EMAIL variable for both User and Email Address because our $USERNAME field is there AD username. When the user access the settings app or mail app, it will prompt to enter the password.

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

Thanks :) We've already deployed an IMAP/SMTP email configuration profile for their Office 365, so I'm assuming this would need to be revoked to avoid conflicts?

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

Also, will we need OAuth 2.0 enabled for the profile? I'm unaware if they use an identity provider service.