Office VPP apps - installed, but is only a ink to app store ?

jameson
Contributor II

For some reason I have some mac´s clients where I install VPP office apps, that apps are installed in applications, but they only have a size of about 200kb and if trying to open it, they just link to app store ?

On other clients it works fine - Is it a setup issue somewhere or something other have been seeing ?

5 REPLIES 5

pbowden
Contributor III

@jameson see https://macadmins.software/mas. It’s a known issue that is fixed in the latest 10.14.4 beta

jmandler
New Contributor III

When making the Mac App Store App configuration, did you make sure to check Assign VPP content under the VPP tab?

scottlep
Contributor II

Most of the discussion around this issue mentions it being a problem in 10.14.x. I am seeing the issue across 10.12.x, 10.13.x and 10.14.x. The problem also seems to come and go. During testing the VPP Office installs I sometimes see the apps install very quickly with no issue, then when running another test the apps never install and leave behind the appinstall file. Some of it seems related to the time of day honestly, as if it is a traffic issue...meaning if I am testing during early morning hours the apps install fine...mid-day I get the failures, later at night mixed results. So I am not seeing how an update to 10.14 is going to fix the issue unless Apple is also releasing an update for the older OSes. @pbowden , any insight to the other OSes?

pbowden
Contributor III

@scottlep i haven’t seen any other reports of this issue on pre-Mojave installs. It would be interesting to know if storedownloadd is crashing on those machines as well, or if you’re hitting some other issue. Can you take a look at Console -> System Reports on your 10.12 and 10.13 machines to see if storedownloadd is crashing at the time of install?

jschank
Contributor

I can confirm Office Suite apps can have issues installing on OSX 10.14.3. It is intermitting. Installing the update on a machine that already has the issue does not resolve it. Re-image of machine and updating to OSX 10.14.4 prior to installing the Office Suite apps DOES resolve the issue.