OHIO - JAMF User Group?

agirardi
New Contributor II

I am looking to gauge the interest of other JAMF Admins in the Buckeye State. I have space in Columbus, and would like to start something up.

24 REPLIES 24

gknacks
New Contributor III

I'm interested! I'm on the east side of Columbus.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

you can count me in :) i'm in cleveland

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

I'm absolutely interested!

seankaiser
New Contributor III

I'm interested as well. We're only using Casper for MDM (but have a ton of Macs that we're managing with other tools), and networking is good.

NickKoval
Contributor
Contributor

I'd be happy to attend. Would there be any issue with this being a beyond group that includes people outside of the university from OSU?

kdavies
New Contributor

Columbus here as well, non OSU

kdavies
New Contributor

If you needed a location, I could probably have it here in the Arena district.

agirardi
New Contributor II

This does not need to be OSU only. I was hoping for All Ohio!

kdavies, Arena district would be a good location. Let me know if we want to do an April, or May meetup. Maybe meet first for an Arena District Happy Hour?

jason_busch
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Adam,

Can you post the location & time for this Thursday's meeting? I've had a couple of people ask- Thanks!
Jason

acdesigntech
Contributor II

is there a mailing list or other sort of central repository for this stuff? I probably can't makle this meeting due to short notice, but I'll try to be at the next one with a little advanced notice

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyone -

It's great to see people looking to get together. We recently added the ability to organize manage and register for events through JAMF Nation. Once you have a date set, go ahead and create one here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroups.html.

This is a central location to get important event information, register, have discussions specific to the gathering, and post resources afterward such as keynotes, scripts or any other useful information discussed.

If you have any questions, let us know!

agirardi
New Contributor II

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=7870345415

Millertime
New Contributor III

Hey guys, just saw this post... Any plans on having another event? How did this one go?

Thanks! ~Bill

agirardi
New Contributor II

Bill,

I would be looking to have another event soon. It has been several months since we last held a Columbus meetup.

Anyone else interested?

acdesigntech
Contributor II

i'd be interested in going

agirardi
New Contributor II

Sounds good. If anyone has a good spot in Columbus, and would like to host let me know.

jason_busch
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Adam- Hi Ohio CUG! I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have an upcoming CCA/CMA class in Columbus- as of today, there are 7 seats still available, I'd love to fill this one. (I keep bugging Cam for more Ohio certification classes, and he tells me we need to fill the current one up, then he may add more)

The CMA is 4/7-4/8 and the CCA is 4/9-11, and both are going to be held at the Columbus College of Art & Design, at 390 East Broad St. Please spread the word amongst any current or future Casper Admins! Thanks!
Jason

Covey
New Contributor

Hi Jason, do you know if there will be another CCA/CMA class later this year in Columbus?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm digging up an old old thread - but if anyone is interested I could host something on the OCLC Campus in Dublin

jason_busch
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Kevin,

If you wanted to start a new JNUG, we now have a form/format for them here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/events/user-groups

I think it'd be great, and can help spread the word amongst the Edu folks I know, if you get one going again, thanks!

Jason

tbouchard3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All!

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to share some updated information. We are hosting an Apple Admin event in downtown Columbus on March 22nd from 5-7pm. We would love to have you all join Thomas Burgess (Apple SE) to share stories with one another and meet and greet other local admins.

I have included the link below for more information. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Columbus Apple Admin User Group

tbouchard3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All!

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to share some updated information. We are hosting an Apple Admin event in downtown Columbus on March 22nd from 5-7pm. We would love to have you all join Thomas Burgess (Apple SE) to share stories and meet and greet other great local admins.

I have included the link below for more information. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Columbus Apple Admin User Group

galionschools
Contributor

I want to attend but I may be unable to, we'll see.

I'm about an hour and some change north from Columbus so I would have to leave my area around 3:15-3:30. The last time I traveled to the downtown area for a conference I got caught in hellish I-71 rush hour traffic right around that same time. Looking on the maps CBC is near 315. I use to live in the Delaware area years ago and have family down in that area but I have no idea what 315 is like these days traffic wise. I'm assuming it's no better than 71?

jason_busch
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey all, I know this is an old thread, but thought it might be a good place to point out the upcoming Jamf 200 & 300 courses that are in Columbus:

I just looked, and the April 200 still has seats available, and the 300 has seats available, too. If we don’t fill them (or get close), it’s less likely that we’ll be back in Columbus for them again in the future- just trying to get the word out, if anyone is interested.

Details: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/store/courses.html

Jamf 200, Columbus, OH. April 23-26th (no prerequisites)

Jamf 300, Columbus, OH. May 14-17th (prerequisite: Jamf 200 certification)

Both classes are at the same location-

The venue is located at the Easton Shopping Mail and is above McCormick and Schmick's restaurant. Location map: - http://eastontowncenter.com/directory-map Parking: Parking Ramp on the corner of Easton Loop W and New Bond St. is about 1 block from the venue.

Thanks!

Jason