Okta Browser Plugin settings blocked

SuperGrover
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I am having issues with the Okta Browser Plugin Chrome extension settings. When you open the plugin settings, the option "Disable browser password prompts" is toggled on and greyed out with the message "This feature is not available because your privacy related settings are managed by your organization or another extension". I want the users in the organization to be able to toggle this off but cant seem to find the cause of this blockage. I've spent hours working with Google Support and Okta Support trying to figure out what could be blocking this, iv ruled out both Okta and Google Browser Management and confirmed with Google support that none of my policies are blocking this setting.   

I did some digging in the "Chrome://policy" json file and found this warning along with the Okta Browser extension ID "warning": "This policy is working as intended but a conflicting value is set elsewhere and is overridden by this policy."

My next steps are to look into Jamf to see if these settings are being blocked, I wanted to ask here and see if anyone else has experienced similar issues at some point with extension setting blockages caused by Jamf. Thanks in advance.   

0 REPLIES 0