Only certain users able to change profile picture

ACurnow_LU
New Contributor II

Hey all, I have a peculiar situation where some users are able to change their profile pictures whereas others are not. Ideally, we want everyone to be able to change their profile pictures.

For context: Up until recently, Macs were set up by creating a local Admin account during initial setup, and then a policy is pushed to create a new Standard user account for the user in question (This has since been changed to facilitate and slimline, where the primary account is the users, which then is removed from the Administrators group in Directory Utility during enrolment). We do not currently use DEP as we are having an issue with our account which Apple is looking into.
I'm led to believe that accounts created primarily as Standard user accounts are not able to change their profile pictures and require an Admin to intervene, whereas accounts which were Admins but then removed from the Administrators group are able to change this.

My question is: Does anyone know what setting is causing this so it can be changed for the user accounts created during the old setup process?

0 REPLIES 0