Only some management commands work for iPads...

fables
New Contributor II

Hi All,

So admittedly I am a little new to Jamf Pro, but I have gone through the Jamf Pro 100 course. My question is, I have a few iPads which their MDM certificates had expired, and I had that the only 2 ways to re-enroll them were via web re-enrollment OR having to completely reset and clear all data from the iPads. I tried web re-enrollment and no luck there, so I reset the iPads. And now they have valid MDM certs, so thats good, but now when I try to send management commands, here is my issue -- commands like "enable/disable bluetooth" work just fine, but when I try to send commands like "Update Inventory", it doesn't work. Why do some commands work and others don't reach the iPad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fables
New Contributor II

They were on the latest iPadOS (iPad iOS 17.3.1).

I ended up having to wipe them once from the settings, then once they were enrolled again in Jamf Pro, I had to wipe them remotely via Jamf Pro commands. Then the rest of the commands starting working great again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

fables
New Contributor II

I'm assuming this has something to do with the iPad having some obstruction with APNs. Whether its the push certificate or something else related to that -- is that correct?

Even when I try "Blank Push", nothing comes up on the iPad.

mstydel
Contributor

What version of iPadOS are these running?

fables
New Contributor II

They were on the latest iPadOS (iPad iOS 17.3.1).

I ended up having to wipe them once from the settings, then once they were enrolled again in Jamf Pro, I had to wipe them remotely via Jamf Pro commands. Then the rest of the commands starting working great again.