OS build numbers on new hardware?

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

I haven't been able to find this information anywhere yet, but I know that some people have the new hardware in their hands. I'm wondering if I should bother with a 10.12.1 image or wait for 10.12.2 to support the new hardware if the OS was forked.

5 REPLIES 5

ak2143
New Contributor

I am currently trying to get both the Touch Bar and non Touch Bar new MacBook Pros imaged with a 10.12.1 AutoCasperNBI image with Casper Imaging and haven't had any luck as of yet. I am thinking this is the issue but would love to hear if anyone else out there has had success.

10.12 AutoCasperNBI I wasn't even able to get the image to NetBoot successfully.

With my new 10.12.1 AutoCasperNBI image, I am able to NetBoot successfully, and begin the imaging process, but upon the initial reboot following imaging, I am simply greeted with a circle with a bar through it and haven't been able to get past that point.

I am doing a Net Restore right now to get up and running and will probably have to wait until 10.12.2 is released to try again unless I hear of others having success!

lammersst
New Contributor

We have DEP setup in our environment and it has been working great, however, we just received the new 13" MacBook pro with Touch Bar and we get an error that says "Unable to Configure Your Mac" "Failed to contact Device Management Server." The older MacBook Pro's can use DEP just fine so not sure what is happening with the new MacBook Pro's.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I just opened one 13MBP and it says 16B2657 : ) Possibly not forked.

But it didn't boot to my 12.1 netinstaller

C

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

The 13(with Touch Bar) did boot to the netinstaller the second time and started installing 12.1

C

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

We just received a 15 MBP and it is running 16B2659. : (