OS Versions field not updated

MhvIce
New Contributor

Hi All!

We recently initiated a rollout of Yosemite. Since then we have had a couple of machines where after an inventory update it still displays the OS version as 10.8.5. This machine is deffinitely on 10.10.0.

For one of these machines I removed the jamf framework and tried enrolling it again, we haven't been able to enroll this machine since. The package installation fails and a remote enrollment also fails.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

millersc
Valued Contributor

JAMF version?

MhvIce
New Contributor

It's 9.6

millersc
Valued Contributor

9.6 supports 10.10. What are the errors for both pkg install and remote install?

jeremynuss
New Contributor

I'm seeing a similar issue with the 10.10.1 update. Only one system in our office is showing in JSS 9.6 as having the update when I know for a fact at least 5 systems do, including mine. Last check-in of my system was 8 minutes ago, and still showing as 10.10.0.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Last Check in is not as important as Last Update or Last Inventory. That's when things like the OS version would be updated in the computer record. Make sure the Macs are submitting inventory correctly. Its going to show old info until it does.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

sudo jamf recon -verbose is your friend.

Thank you, for this!

MhvIce
New Contributor

How would I make sure it submits their inventory correctly? I tried jamf manage, recon and after removing the framework I can not enroll these devices at all anymore. The package fails the installation when trying any of these methods: Enroll web page, Enroll Through recon and creating an install package with recon and running this manually on the system. All fail.