Oulook Add-in deployment

aric_wallner
New Contributor II

Hey folks, I'm looking for the best way to get an outlook add-in deployed/installed on all our macs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

If you are using O365, then you can handle this through the Exchange admin console. It is much easier than trying to deploy via a package. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jpeters21
Contributor II

unfortunately when talking packaging and application deployments you really have to try the different methods till you find what works for your scenario.. even more so for an un-named add-in. Couple of my common options below

If  .pkg you could just upload it and make a smart group for computers with outlook.app (just to ensure that installs before the add-in).

You could use a snapshot in composer to roll the outlook and add-in installation into a single deployment package. 

certain installations with references outside of installation package you are copying a whole folder into the client's tmp folder and then using a script to run the installation from there 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@aric_wallner You might want to check out this KB article from Microsoft regarding changes in support for injection based Outlook plugins if you have haven't already seen it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-for-mac-planned-update-for-injection-based-plugin...

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

If you are using O365, then you can handle this through the Exchange admin console. It is much easier than trying to deploy via a package. 

Thats what I figured we would have to do. I just like to try to keep as much in Jamf as I can. Thanks!