Package failing to get installed

MacJunior
Contributor III

Hey everyone ...

trying to install a package to all my fleet, it got installed successfully on all of them except 1 Mac !!

"Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is XYZ
installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “zyx.pkg”.)

What does that mean? why only that endpoint!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

My suggestion(s):

• Reboot the device and try again.
  • Have the support team run the package locally.
  • If it still fails, you probably want to have macOS reinstalled as it's just a single device.
    • Unless you want to parse through the scripts in the package and see what it does not like.
    • -or- contact the vendor for assistance, and you will likely need hands on the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TrentO
Contributor II

The error you're seeing is very generic. It shows up any time the pkg installer install scripts exit with a non-zero exit code. You'll need to take a look at /var/log/install.log to see if there are any more details. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

My suggestion(s):

• Reboot the device and try again.
  • Have the support team run the package locally.
  • If it still fails, you probably want to have macOS reinstalled as it's just a single device.
    • Unless you want to parse through the scripts in the package and see what it does not like.
    • -or- contact the vendor for assistance, and you will likely need hands on the device.