Package Manifests

Tjernigan
New Contributor III

Can someone help me understand why when I am attempting to upload a manifest file to jamf pro disto, it tells me it failed to upload because the file extension is not allowed?

The manifest was created with composer. Shouldn't it upload with zero issues?

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Tjernigan Edit: If you're uploading .pkg or .dmg files you built with Composer for general installation then no manifest is necessary. That's something required when using a package in an Enrollment Package for a PreStage Enrollment.

Tjernigan
New Contributor III

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Tjernigan That appears to be a new feature for an enrollment package. If you're not attempting to create an enrollment package the Manifest File is optional according to Managing Packages. If you are trying to create an Enrollment Package I don't have any advice to offer as it's not a feature I've used before.

Tjernigan
New Contributor III

@sdagley Unfortunately I am trying to create a prestage package. Although it is optional, I have been told my Jamf that the packages won't install without a manifest. So I am in a bit of a pickle.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Tjernigan Since I can't offer any suggestions on a Manifest to use an Enrollment Package I'll ask do you really need to use an Enrollment Package in your PreStage? The combination of DEPNotify and DEPNotify-Starter provide a very straightforward process to customize the DEP/ADE experience without the restrictions imposed on an Enrollment Package.

Tjernigan
New Contributor III

@sdagley That would be because I had no idea about DEPNotify! I will be looking into getting this on a test machine as soon as I can. Thanks!