Patch definition updates unavailable

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

As the result of a technical issue with the Global Patch Feed used for the Jamf App Catalog, patch definition updates are unavailable until further notice. Do not attempt to add any new patch definitions to Jamf Pro during this time.

Existing patch policies will continue to function as normal, and new patch policies may be assigned to existing patch definitions in Jamf Pro; however, new product versions will be unavailable.

We are actively working on a resolution and will share an update as soon as patch definition updates are available. While we cannot give you an exact date, we expect the outage to last a few days.

When patch definitions are available all updates will resume as normal.

During this time, you may still use App Installers to manage software title updates in your environment. For more information, see App Installers in the Jamf Pro Documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Update: The issue has been resolved. Patch Feed should work properly again.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

UoLSimon
New Contributor

Oh no!

sayr01
Contributor

thanks for this info.  I was having this issue with a new patch report.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

@Mariusz does this issue impact Title Editor? 

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

From what we have checked so far - Title Editor should not be affected.

2_scoops_rice
New Contributor

@Mariusz thanks for the info. I hope it gets resolve soon.

Asri-Zainal
New Contributor II

Any reason this is not showing in the Jamf status page?
I saw that message briefly when i loaded Jamf today but quickly closed it then had trouble adding a new software definition list and regretted closing it quickly because I don't know how to bring it up again.

Looked through logs and jamf status and finally my endless googling brings me here.

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Asri-Zainal 
Thanks for calling this out 👍 I'll contact our team to check if we can mirror the current status of this issue on Status Page as well. 

brad514
New Contributor

@Mariusz would this explain why Slack has not been deploying to laptops for about a week now? or is this a separate issue?

We use a Mac App, using the Jamf catalog item. It has worked well until about a week ago. It is now no longer deploying, and machines are stuck with older versions.

Mac app item for Slack:

patch deploy.png

Patch entry -- note the one single up-to-date machine was updated manually.

patch deploy 2.png

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @brad514 

There is no relation between the Patch Feed issue and you've been recently experiencing with Slack updates. I encourage you to raise a support ticket for this.

macbofh
New Contributor III

Hi, Is there any new info about this issue?

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @macbofh 
We're still working on solving this issue. Will try to provide more precise ETA soon.

Hey do you have any new ETA now?

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hi @colorenz and @macbofh 
Current ETA is 1 day. We believe tomorrow (Wednesday), around noon Central Time, Patch Feed will start working properly again.

loceee
Contributor

Um...

glemme
New Contributor
2023-11-14 02:17:11,491 [ERROR] [lina-exec-1] [PatchSecurity            ] - Validation failed on certificate number 0, details: Could not validate certificate: certificate expired on 20231109235959GMT+00:00
2023-11-14 02:17:11,492 [ERROR] [lina-exec-1] [gurationGenerationService] - Unable to download software title: 5E0 [The certificate chain could not be validated to a trusted root CA]
2023-11-14 02:17:16,362 [ERROR] [ina-exec-18] [PatchSecurity            ] - Validation failed on certificate number 0, details: Could not validate certificate: certificate expired on 20231109235959GMT+00:00
2023-11-14 02:17:16,363 [ERROR] [ina-exec-18] [gurationGenerationService] - Unable to download software title: 5E0 [The certificate chain could not be validated to a trusted root CA]
2023-11-14 02:17:20,042 [ERROR] [lina-exec-4] [PatchSecurity            ] - Validation failed on certificate number 0, details: Could not validate certificate: certificate expired on 20231109235959GMT+00:00
2023-11-14 02:17:20,043 [ERROR] [lina-exec-4] [gurationGenerationService] - Unable to download software title: 5E0 [The certificate chain could not be validated to a trusted root CA]
2023-11-14 02:17:28,048 [ERROR] [ina-exec-10] [PatchSecurity            ] - Validation failed on certificate number 0, details: Could not validate certificate: certificate expired on 20231109235959GMT+00:00
2023-11-14 02:17:28,048 [ERROR] [ina-exec-10] [gurationGenerationService] - Unable to download software title: 5E0 [The certificate chain could not be validated to a trusted root CA]

Did someone forget to renew a certificate?

VincentM
New Contributor

Thanks for the info

barnesaw
Contributor III

So is an update on this forthcoming?

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Update: The issue has been resolved. Patch Feed should work properly again.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

MDX
New Contributor

Hello

Patch Management is still misreporting versions on our instance of Jamf Pro, for example OSX Ventura reports 13.6.1 and not 13.6.2. Is there anything we need to do to kick start this, like reform the report?

Monday 20 Nov.

Thanks

gustaf08
New Contributor

13.6.2 is technically not latest version for all devices.

Mariusz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @MDX 

For macOS updates, we generally set the Latest Version as the version is that is globally available, or put another way, not hardware specific builds.  The last round of Apple updates are unfortunately not straight forward.  For Ventura 13.6.2 specifically, that version is only for M3 + M1/M2 MBP Devises.  Thus, we’ve kept 13.6.1 as the Latest Version.

MDX
New Contributor

Hi Mariusz

Thank you very much, I had not picked up that the update was hardware specific, and just assumed it was for all hardware, this update will cause some confusion on our update processes and compliance settings which will need to be thought about. Thank you again for your help and explanation.

MDX