Patch Management does not list software titles [Connection error[

TechnoKhan
New Contributor II

Hello and thank you for taking a moment to look at this. I will try and keep it short and sweet!

I am running Jamf 10.4 and am having issues getting Patch Management to display any software titles.

When I go into Patch Management > New I get the following error...
(A connection error occurred while attempting to download software titles from this source.)

Everything else is working as far s I can tell. However, I have not used this feature before, only glanced once or twice in the past and the software at one point did populate. Am I missing something easy here or has anyone seen this before at all? I appreciate any and all suggestions, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TechnoKhan
New Contributor II

I forgot to close this out and mark it answered. For my case, our IT Security was blocking a few extra things from Apple. Once they made a change it started working again. This unfortunately took a number of attempts to get them to really look at the traffic. Thank you all for your assistance!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jmazzuca182
New Contributor III

Yep, having the same thing here.

TechnoKhan
New Contributor II

Not that it helps, but I am glad to see I am not the only one with this annoying issue. Hard to believe that there is little information on it. That or I am just wording my search criteria pretty badly.

brandon_gil
New Contributor II

Sorry this is happening, @TechnoKhan and @Jmazzuca182. Have you had a chance to contact Jamf Support for troubleshooting?

Jmazzuca182
New Contributor III

yes, but not getting anywhere on it.

kburns
New Contributor III

Took me a while to figure this one out as well (running our Jamf server on Win 2012). It turns out, for us, it was the Java options within Tomcat.

Take a look at this post by @bradtchapman. This helped me resolve our issue.

Here

The other thing to look out for is making sure your networking team has https://jamf-patch.jamfcloud.com/ whitelisted as detailed here.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/34/network-ports-used-by-jamf-pro

TechnoKhan
New Contributor II

I forgot to close this out and mark it answered. For my case, our IT Security was blocking a few extra things from Apple. Once they made a change it started working again. This unfortunately took a number of attempts to get them to really look at the traffic. Thank you all for your assistance!

simonep
New Contributor III

Do you know what traffic was being blocked?