Patch Mgmt - No Clients Listed in Version Report

skelllter
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a patch management policy for Microsoft Teams. I've been having trouble overall deploying this, despite following what I believe have been the proper steps.

I create the patch policy, scoped to our Site (tried not scoping to site as well). I uploaded the latest package for Microsoft Teams previously, v333671. I chose the latest definition and attached said package. However, none of this is helpful, because I'm currently not seeing ANY clients, despite knowing most of our clients have Teams installed.

It's as if something is preventing our JSS from applying known data about clients to this patch policy. Please help πŸ™‚
2ca9c4e4f99a4dcf85c8bb29ae0c3401

10 REPLIES 10

wildfrog
Contributor II

What does it say when you look at a device and go to Management->Patch Management?f1a79735e4824af5802b3e227f1a2b34

I'm running into a situation where newly enrolled machines don't show as being within scope of any patch management policies at all. Machines I'd enrolled 2 days prior are fine, but anything I enrolled on Jan 17 aren't reporting patch info because of this scoping problem.

I've tried unenrolling and reenrolling. I've upgraded the machine's OS. When I enrolled the machine to a different JSS, it registered the patch policies correctly. The only thing I can determine is that something happened to this server over the weekend.

wildfrog
Contributor II

More info. . .I think we have the exact same problem. I just created a new patch management title where I know for sure some machines have that title installed. When I set up the patch management definition and patch policy, it shows no machines being in scope - just like what your image shows.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I had a similar, but different, issue with Patch Management. I opened a ticket with Jamf and they applied a fix to our database (we're hosted). Check with Jamf.

wildfrog
Contributor II

Thanks @easyedc. When I called support earlier, the automated messages indicated that support was out and was for 'emergencies only'. Since I wasn't sure this would qualify as an emergency, I didn't talk to anyone. I'll give them a call.

wildfrog
Contributor II

Called Jamf support. Got case# 2225576

rsaeks
New Contributor II

Going to call in about this as well. I've cloned a previously used patch policy, created a new one, etc and no devices seem to be within scope. Weird!

jkryklywec
New Contributor III

Also have this issue, seems like over the weekend something happened. For me not only new patch policies showing nothing in scope, but also current ones not updating as well, and new enrolled devices show nothing in patch management either. Open a case, they had me go to debug on server (on cloud) and send them the logs. still waiting on resolution here, last time months ago same thing happened, and they ran some cleanup script on DB in cloud.

matin
New Contributor III

Experiencing similar symptoms as commented here. This has happened a few times to my Jamf cloud instance and most likely is in reference to a known product issue (PI-007715). Would suggest referencing the PI number with Jamf support to schedule time to apply the fix.

For more information:
Patch Management Not Updating

wildfrog
Contributor II

@jkryklywec & @rsaeks They did planned maintenance on Saturday 1/16. I got an email about it on 1/8. Why they would do maintenance like that when most support is off the next business day is beyond me. But anyway. . .I talked to support and they said there looked to be some DB cleanup needed. They did that on my primary server last night and it seems to be running properly again. Now I need them to do so on all of my clients' servers. (we're an MSP)

smcmjeff
New Contributor III

Ditto for our Jamf cloud instance. Tickets placed for similar issues in Oct. and Nov. of 2020 and now Jan. 2021. Just like matin, my previous issues were related to "known product issue (PI-007715)". I put my latest ticket in almost 48 hours ago and have not had a response. However, it does appear that something must have been done, since patching eporting appears to be working again.