Pkg Install Error on Silicon Mac

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Got our first few Silicon macs on site, deploying Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is giving me fits. I’ll include the jamf policy log below if anyone has seen anything similar? Also tried installing the pkg manually on the computer, fails with the same error. Issue is a bit time sensitive as we are expecting an additional 400 of these in an upcoming delivery. Pkg was downloaded direct from Adobe Admin console and platform set as “silicon” when creating the pkg for download.
“Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is AdobeCCDA_Siliconv5.4.5.550
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AdobeCCDA_Siliconv5.4.5.550_Install.pkg”.)”

Also notice that when I check the signature for a valid date I get a "no signature" response. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

"/usr/sbin/pkgutil --check-signature /Users/*/Downloads/AdobeInDesign16.1Intel/Build/AdobeInDesign16.1Intel_Install.pkg Package "AdobeInDesign16.1Intel_Install.pkg": Status: no signature

6 REPLIES 6

PatD
New Contributor

Hi @TomDay,

We are seeing a similar issue to you; however, we are able to manually install CCDA by double clicking the pkg on the Mac. When we try to make it available in Self Service the install fails. Below is the policy log result.

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is AdobeSSP_AppleSilicon
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AdobeSSP_AppleSilicon_Install.pkg”.)

Did you end up finding a solution?

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Sorry I forget now! I'll try to dig around and post if I find something

PatrickD
Contributor II

Hey Tom, PatD again, just a different account.

No need to worry, we managed to get the CCDA deployed to both Intel and Apple Silicon devices. Unfortunately we had to package the installer into a .dmg and then use a script in Jamf to run the installer.

rcole
Contributor

Chiming in late here.... But, my solution was to .zip the package file itself on my workstation. There seems to be an issue unpacking. their .zip file.

Also, I cached the .zipped .pkg and Installed it all in the same Jamf policy. Hope this helps!

I was having the same issue JAMF support working with me for 3 days I zipped the package before uploading to cloud distribution immediately installed no issues 

thank you rcole