Policy error when AD binding

dmw3
Contributor III

Hi all,
I am getting an error when trying to use a policy to bind computers to our AD.

Event log from the policy:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.63 Executing Policy Health Domain AD Binding... Binding fhsalm0652 to Domain... The username (Domaindomain-admin) and password provided for the domain (Domain) was not valid. (Attempt 1) The username (Domaindomain-admin) and password provided for the domain (Domain) was not valid. (Attempt 2) The username (Domaindomain-admin) and password provided for the domain (Domain) was not valid. (Attempt 3) The username (Domaindomain-admin) and password provided for the domain (Domain) was not valid. (Attempt 4) The username (Domaindomain-admin) and password provided for the domain (Domain) was not valid. (Attempt 5) Error: Giving up on Active Directory binding after 5 attempts. Running Recon...

If I try and bind a computer manually using the same AD Admin account no error occurs, any ideas on a way forward.

5 REPLIES 5

pickerin
Contributor II

If your Domain is actually called "Domain" and the account you're using is actually called "domain-admin", then I would verify the password you have on the Bind account within Casper.

It's definitely telling you the Admin account being used to Bind isn't correct.

dmw3
Contributor III

pickerin, no I just put those values in as a reference. With the actual values in it does not work for the policy but doing the same job manually does work with the same values.

hkim
Contributor II

Is it consistent or just from time to time? If it's consistent you may want to re-create the Directory Binding object in Casper Admin.

Is this a computer that has already been bound to AD? If so you need to unbind (even force an unbind) before rebinding.

dmw3
Contributor III

After unbinding a computer from the AD and using a different AD admin account we are now seeing the error below:

An error occurred binding to Active Directory: dsconfigad: The plugin encountered an error processing request. (10001).

Ethan_Mondy
New Contributor II

dmw3, I am now getting the 10001 error. What did you end up doing to resolve this?