Policy for specific users and execution frequency

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Hi,

In Self Service, I want to publish a licensed application for specific users to be able to install, but only to one specific computer. Same users should also be able to reinstall the app on the same computer.

How should I put this together using scope and execution frequency? Is this possible at all?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to achieve here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Look
Valued Contributor III

Sorry for the slow response, you will only get the user based restrictions if you have "Show in Self Service" or a "Login" trigger enabled as these are the only events that the jamf binary recognises the user in.
So set self Service first then look at the restrictions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Look
Valued Contributor III

Put the computer in scope/targets, put the user scope/limitations.
Make sure you don't have any triggers set.
Have the policy available in Self Service.
Set the frequency to once or ongoing depending on whether you allow reinstalls.

This will make the policy only available to that specific user on that specific computer and only through Self Service.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Hi,

and thanks for a quick response. Problem is I only see Network Segments and iBeacons under Scope/Limitations for the policy. Am I missing something here?

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Oh, I just took another peek, and I found a setting under Options/General/Client-Side Limitations, namely "limit to JSS-assigned user". Would that be it?

Look
Valued Contributor III

Sorry for the slow response, you will only get the user based restrictions if you have "Show in Self Service" or a "Login" trigger enabled as these are the only events that the jamf binary recognises the user in.
So set self Service first then look at the restrictions.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Thanks for all the help! I have it working now.