Policy not running

Eskobar
Contributor

I have setup EFI password for a static group. The Policy was applied. I have pushed another policy to remove the EFI password. The 2nd policy not triggering:

- Exclusions is not over scoping target.

- No machine set in pending, no logs, sudo jamf policy "nothing found''.

- Policy clone, retire exclusion, change target group to one signe machine : same

- push another policy: ok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mac_mielke
New Contributor II

Verify that the 2nd policy is enabled, that a trigger is set(sounds like check-in is intended), and that the frequency isn't set improperly for what you're trying to do. Last resort, make the policy available in Self Service for the specific computer to see if it appears there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mac_mielke
New Contributor II

Verify that the 2nd policy is enabled, that a trigger is set(sounds like check-in is intended), and that the frequency isn't set improperly for what you're trying to do. Last resort, make the policy available in Self Service for the specific computer to see if it appears there.

I've run into a similar issue single policy set to run at check in no error messages or logs best I can tell it's failing to find the policy but it's enabled and scoped to all computers so I have no idea what could be causing the issue. additionally as on some comps it will push out but then error out after it runs but the error makes no sense because the files it modifies are created at enrollment and all macs it's run on have them I manually checked. I'm at a loss where to start. 

paran
New Contributor

checking for policies triggered by "recurring check-in" there was an error. Message has no content. Does anyone know how to fix that?