Populating Excel with Smart Group count

tc_pmg
New Contributor II

I have an Excel file that I'd like to automatically retrieve Smart Group count information. I am eventually want to build charts in Excel with that data. If retrieving count info is possible, what steps do I need to make that happen?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

duff2481-1
New Contributor III

Have you looked at powerbi integration?  This may be something you can accomplish there. We pull smart group data however I don't have a count of how many groups. 

tc_pmg
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I've never tried PowerBI. I'm not sure if I got my point across or I'm misreading your response. The picture below shows the count and I'm wondering if that number can be automatically extracted to be used in Excel. But if you think PowerBI may be a good solution, I will give it a shot.Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 3.43.25 PM.png

duff2481-1
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if you can pull that in into Excel without doing something like powerbi or an API call.  We do use smart groups to report on items within our PowerBI dashboard by referencing Computer device group -> 'computer_id'  and then selecting which group. You can then choose how to display this either with graphs, gauges, cards, etc....