Possible to connect supervised (DEP) iPads to iTunes?

sedwards
Contributor

Is it possible to connect supervised iPads enrolled in DEP to iTunes? I have supervised iPads running 10.3.3, enrolled in DEP, and with "Allow pairing with non-Configurator hosts (supervised only)" enabled. Yet when I connect the iPad to iTunes (latest version) it tells me "The iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer."

Am I forgetting a restriction/setting somewhere?

3 REPLIES 3

sedwards
Contributor

Anyone have success with this?

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering if pairing is only allowed with Macs? We don't have any Mac computers in our district so I'm attempting this with a Windows laptop using iTunes.

sedwards
Contributor

UPDATE: So in order to allow pairing to iTunes I had to re-enroll the iPads with the "Allow devices to connect to Mac computers" option checked in my pre-stage enrollment settings. I was then able to pair to iTunes. However, iTunes was detecting that encrypted backups were required even though that setting is not enabled in my configuration profile and there is no place that I see to configure that in the pre-stage enrollment. So it's almost as if certain restrictions in my configuration profile are being ignored.

But the main takeway here is that the "Allow pairing with non-Configurator hosts (supervised only)" restriction has no effect if pairing was not enabled during enrollment. To me this is a big flaw as you should not have to re-enroll a device in order to be able to pair it.

CGS
New Contributor

It is all sorted-Thanks for your help