post 9.97.1488392992 upgrade issues?

Sonic84
Contributor III

Is anyone else seeing issues with the JSS after upgrading to 9.97.1488392992?

I've been having problems with users of the JSS getting kicked out to the login screen unexpectedly and with cached packages not appearing in inventory properly. I'm trying to figure out if it's just my local instance or a problem with this version of JSS.

11 REPLIES 11

Brad_G
Contributor II

Yes we've seen that here as well. Working with JAMF (or was, haven't heard back for a couple days now) to isolate what it might be. Appears to be LDAP related from other posts here.

egill
New Contributor III

I've just updated yesterday and had cached package issues yesterday as well. However, we haven't had any issues with users getting kicked out. Hopefully we'll hear something back on how to fix this.

Look
Valued Contributor III

This has been an issue on AD bound sites since the previous release 9.97.1482356336.

Sonic84
Contributor III

forcing a inventory from all clients fixed the cached packages not appearing issue.

Halting all scripted use of the JSS API seems to have lessened the unexpected logout issue. but it is still happening in all my environments. :( We also found database corruption on closer inspection.

iJake
Valued Contributor

What fixed the logout issue for us was changing the "User ID" to sAMAccountName in the User Mappings for our LDAP connections. Ours had been set to uSNCreated and that was causing the issue in this new release.

roiegat
Contributor III

Are you guys using the Mac, Windows, or Linux installer? Any word if they Windows installer is working ok now? I'm planning on upgrading our system this Saturday and trying to figure out what could go wrong.

iJake
Valued Contributor

@roiegat We do only manual installs but they did release an updated Windows installer so you should be okay.

Look
Valued Contributor III

@roiegat We upgraded two systems (dev and then prod) with the Windows installer without any issues.

RLR
Valued Contributor

Updated using windows installer about 2 days after release and was not able to login. Was getting logged out straight away even on a local account. Had to restore to old version.

roiegat
Contributor III

Thanks for the information guys. Will try it shortly.

amitchell
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I was also having an issue on not being able to login to JSS after updating. Our Windows VM had an incorrect time. I fixed the time and was able to login.