Pre stage deployment

agardner
New Contributor III

In my environment that I inherited. The pre-stage deployment shows Macs that are in Apple Business. But it hasn't been enrolling any of the new Macs? Can someone help me with this? It is really frustrating as we role out M1's

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@agardner Is your ABM configured to assign any new Macs added to it to your Jamf Pro instance?

Here's the steps to check/change that setting... In your ABM console click Settings in the lower left corner, then click Device Management Settings under Organization Settings in the middle column, and finally click the Edit button to the right of the Default Device Assignment label in the right-hand column.

agardner
New Contributor III

Hey @sdagley , sorry I didn't respond sooner on this. Yes that is how my ABM is set up. And why I am concerned with why my JAMF instance isn't automatically enrolling. All the Macs show they are assigned to my JAMF instance but are not actually enrolling in the JAMF. Meaning, they aren't getting the policies and they aren't showing up in my Computers on JAMF. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@agardner If you open Settings->Global Management->Automated Device Enrollment and look at the ADE configuration for your ABM account are the Macs showing as ever having attempted a connection to your Jamf Pro instance (they'll show up in the Devices list with a Device name in the form "DEP-<Serial Number>"