Print dialog box a mess in Mojave

rgerman
Contributor

I was making new installers packages that set defaults for all of our printers to BW 2-Sided to save some trees and Ink. I have encountered some difficulties where the nice print dialog from the vendors Xerox and HP now default to a very ugly confusing CUPS looking dialog box. I assumed this was an error in my package but after more testing I realized this appears to be a Mojave 10.14.6 bug... the dialog boxed look just like the link below... Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a fix? I cant push printers out to my users that have this type of dialog box for printing... it will just confuse them.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/can-we-talk-for-a-second-about-the-printer-dialogs-in-mojave.2148321/

10 REPLIES 10

edickson
Contributor

I know the thread on MacRumors is a little old but I'm on 10.14.6 and my print menus look pretty normal. At least like the "before" photos.

rgerman
Contributor

I am definitely seeing a difference with my printers... Below are screenshots of my HP Color Laserjet M750 before and after 10.14.6

Before
58ddfd80b61341e5bd533f2854c77cb0

After 10.14.6
df0ca352becd4eb1a4705d1f37e8db88

Asnyder
Contributor III

Apple Isn't allowing sandbox access to print drivers anymore. Take a look at mine and be happy with yours. Notice the scroll box.
56a0b92723ee41f0afc4056264c262a0

rgerman
Contributor

Touché

My Xerox...

What a car wreck...

cdfd282ae12f448e96921a1c435a2fe8

edickson
Contributor

OMG, what apps are these from?

rgerman
Contributor

Houston we have a problem... hope Apple can fix this ASAP.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yep... I’m with all of you! I quite liked the xerox layout... even I have trouble puzzling out certain finishing options now, let alone a regular user!

rgerman
Contributor

It appears the issue has been resolved in macOS Catalina. The Xerox print dialog now appears correctly.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@rgerman What app did you test printing in? Do you see the proper Xerox print dialog in Safari?

rgerman
Contributor

Safari looked correct as well. I am using the XeroxPrintDriver_5.3.0_2118.dmg from Xerox's site.