Problem with iOS 12 and installing apps

ryan_bender
New Contributor III

I've run into an issue with iOS 12 already with installing apps. The iPad keeps wanting me to enter an Apple ID even though the licenses are assigned to the device. It will not even install Self Service.

12 REPLIES 12

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

I have been having issues with the self service app not installing. However the iPads do check in with the JSS.

Felipe_hernande
New Contributor III

I saw the same thing with our devices on a few of them. I had to wipe and re-enroll for them for them to start pulling apps correctly.

anne_benson
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same thing... I just set these up - hate to have to wipe them and start over. Ugh... Even if I log in with a managed Apple ID, I get the "this apple id can't be used to make purchases" message. I wiped one and I am getting the same behavior...

MattAebly
Contributor II
Contributor II

@ryan.bender Which version of Jamf Pro are you running? It's important to note that initial support for iOS 12 was in the 10.6 release and full support for iOS 12 is in the 10.7 release.

ryan_bender
New Contributor III

We're at 10.3. I'll need to let our admin know to do the update. Thanks!

jschoenrock
New Contributor II

I am seeing this on many devices that are not updated to ios 12. Are others seeing the same or only on updated devices?

ivanperez
New Contributor

We are running Jamf Pro in the Cloud which shows a version of 10.7.1. We just ran into an issue where a new iPhone 8 downloaded the iOS 12 update during the MDM registration process and now the phone is stuck with a message stating an "Invalid Configuration Profile" and will not allow us to continue or to reset the phone back to factory. On other phones, if we apply the iOS 12 update after the registration process, there is no issue. I'm not sure if there is anything we can do other than seeing if Apple will help us reset the iOS on this device, since it is brand new and we have the receipt. Any insight would be appreciated.

bvondeylen
Contributor II

You should be able to shut the iPhone down then connect to Apple Configurator while holding the home button until the iTunes logo appears then restore iPhone through configurator.

jschoenrock
New Contributor II

I am seeing this with the 10.7 and with ios 11 devices as well as 12.

davidhery
New Contributor

We just updated a few devices to iOS 12 and we're running 10.7. On our devices that run iOS 12 Jamf's Self Service App cannot connect to server. The App still connects on devices running iOS 11.

CairoJXP
Contributor

@davidhery Are you noticing this issue with the self-service webclip or the app? Do you have any apps set to auto-install, if so, are those installing correctly?

wswope
New Contributor II

I am working under the theory that the Apple apps on the iPads from the factory are the ones available from the App Store. Apps available from the Volumne Purchase Program do not ask for an Apple ID.

I have been deleting apps that ask for the ID and "reinstalling" the app from Self Service.

Bill