Problems enrolling iPads

Rhinehart
Contributor

Trying to enroll some New iPads into DEP and Jamf using configuration but I keep getting this error msg. It only happens on the new iPads our older fleet are enrolling fine3d67070f790c42ffa8c04595b1fad3ee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rhinehart
Contributor

didn't work called apple and found out that the ipads were still enrolled in our purchasing agents DEP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bvondeylen
Contributor II

Try again. We get this message as well, especially if provisioning multiple iPads at once. I chalk it up to a slow jamf jss.

We use 4 MacBook Airs with Configurator 2 to prepare iPads. Tried preparing 8 at a time and we would get errors like this. We then tried 4 at a time (1 per MacBook Air instead of 2 per MacBook Air) and it seemed to work much better.

nelsonpark
New Contributor III

experiencing similar errors with DEP recently also. i suspect changes are occurring with the back end DEP infrastructure in preparation for ios12....which doesnt help me now :(

Rhinehart
Contributor

I don’t think it a slowness issue, it only happens with the new iPads. All the ones we bought last year and before go through fine.

Rhinehart
Contributor

I just found this on the apple forums, I’ll try when I get back to wor

Hi,

I had the same problem and i've tried anything in Apple Configurator and i've checked a lot of forum.
I finally found that, after you reinitiliaze the iPAD, if the iPAD is not connected on the wifi and I try to enrolling it manually, i had the error 0x80EF. If I connect the iPAD to the wifi, and retry to enrolling it, it work.

Sorry for my english, I hope it will help you.

Rhinehart
Contributor

didn't work called apple and found out that the ipads were still enrolled in our purchasing agents DEP.