Program Would Like to Filter Network Content pop-up

mherbster
New Contributor II

I have run into an issue with two programs now. Carbon Black (on premise) and Pulse Secure. Both programs include a network filter. I have instructions for each of them from the Vendor. They both include a Privacy Preferences Policy Control, System Extensions and Content Filter payloads. The Content Filter payload seems to create a Web Content Filter that can be viewed in System Preferences > Network. However, when I install the program I get a pop-up that asks me to allow Network Content Filtering (screenshot attached).
Per Jamf Support's suggestion I changed the System Extension payload from Allowed System Extensions (with the Team ID and specific System Extension) to Allowed System Extension Types and chose Network. This prevented the pop-up but upon restarting and going into System Preferences > Security & Privacy I got a message that said System Software from es-load (the same name as in the pop-up) was blocked from loading. Once I clicked Allow I got the same pop-up that I got previously.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Filter Network Content pop-up and if so how did you approve it via a configuration profile?
086a57de45cc4879899979ed7bedb022

4 REPLIES 4

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

I have some config profiles for CrowdStrike and SEP. However, both are showing "null" in Network Preferences, and CrowdStrike installed it's own filter. I used all three options under System Extensions (Allowed Extensions, Allowed Extension Types, Allowed Team Identifiers). I did separate the System Extensions payload from the Privacy payload, so maybe there's a cross reference within the profile?

CrowdStrike's internally added network filter (after prompting):
569a171ac93d41a2b04e75013cf513a1

The network filter from my profile:
93b52cc45e40441aa1b1209436e76bdf

evan684
New Contributor II

I'm running into the same problem with both crowdstrike and mcafee MCP.

evan684
New Contributor II

Found this profile by by digging around crowdstrikes documentation it might be helpful. I'm currently in process of testing. Still looking around for MCP. https://supportportal.crowdstrike.com/s/login_page/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2Farticle%2FTech-Alert-Preparing-for-macOS-Falcon-Sensor-6-11

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

@mherbster did you get this figured out?