Proxy pac set via a config profile

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I need a help to set proxy pac on mac devices through a config profile so that user cant change it.

I built a config profile and under the payload proxies I choose automatic proxy configuration and provided my organization's proxy pac and then I deployed on my mac, I can see it did not set the proxy. 

How to do it and any issue will happen if I deploy thsi config profile at the time of enrollment as my organization's proxy passes network traffic through cloud Zsclaer and just after setting the proxy it ask for authentication with user's work email and password. Please tell me how to fix these two issues. Your help will be appreciated! :)

Thanks

Asif

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You need to contact Zscaler. I dont think you can configure Zscalers PAC via configuration profile, the PAC comes down when the agent installs and calls home before the user logs in for the first time. Unless an application is configured by the vendor to receive its configuration from a plist in /Library/Managed Preferences you cannot use a Configuration Profile to manage it.

For the most part Zscaler has 2 management domains you will use. 

• com.zscaler.socket-filter - This one configures the socket filter as the name suggests.
  • com.zscaler.installparams - This one configures the default zscaler settings, telling the agent which Zscaler tenant to talk to and what your org is for example.