Question Regarding Mac Client Connectivity

MTDEW-CodeRed_
New Contributor

Hello!!

I am trying to understand the client connectivity on our internal network and am curious to know the traffic flow.  I have a JAMF Pro Server, a bunch of Mac clients, and the JAMF Cloud server.   As far as connectivity of the clients, the Mac clients have a JAMF agent, correct?  The Mac clients when sending application usage data, do they connect directly to the cloud?  For example would the traffic flow like: mac_client_jamf_agent --> JAMF Cloud Server --> Internal JAMF Pro Infrastructure server?   Or would traffic from the clients flow like: mac_client_jamf_agent --> Internal JAMF Pro Infrastructure server --> JAMF Cloud Server 

Does that make sense on what I am asking?

Then as far as clients on an external network, would they have to connect back into my internal network to connect to the JAMF Pro Infrastructure server or do they connect directly to the JAMF Cloud Server? 

TIA!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bwoods
Valued Contributor

As long as your clients can communicate with Jamf Cloud via port 443 or 8443, it's accessible from anywhere. Your internal server is only accessible if the clients are on VPN or your internal server is configured for external access. I don't believe Jamf Cloud interacts with your internal server at all. The only interaction would be with your internal DPs when you're syncing them via Jamf Admin.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bwoods
Valued Contributor

As long as your clients can communicate with Jamf Cloud via port 443 or 8443, it's accessible from anywhere. Your internal server is only accessible if the clients are on VPN or your internal server is configured for external access. I don't believe Jamf Cloud interacts with your internal server at all. The only interaction would be with your internal DPs when you're syncing them via Jamf Admin.